A stroke happens when blood flow to a part of the brain stops. A stroke is sometimes called a "brain attack." There are two major types of stroke: ischemic stroke and hemorrhagic stroke.
Ischemic stroke occurs when a blood vessel that supplies blood to the brain is blocked by a blood clot. This may happen in two ways:
- A clot may form in an artery that is already very narrow. This is called athrombotic stroke.
- A clot may break off from another place in the blood vessels of the brain, or from some other part of the body, and travel up to the brain. This is called cerebral embolism, or an embolic stroke.
- Symptoms usually develop suddenly and without warning. Or, symptoms may occur on and off for the first day or two. Symptoms are usually most severe when the stroke first happens, but they may slowly get worse.
BENEFIT FROM PMTD:
- Facilitates detoxification of the body
- Improved absorption of nutrients and medication
- Improved overall cardiovascular fitness
- Improved strength
- Improved range of motion
- Improved flexibility
- Improved motor activity
- Increased Circulation
- Reduced Spasticity (common in arms, fingers, legs)
- Decreased Depression
- Increased stamina and strength
- Promote muscle balance and coordination
- Decreases risk factors for a second stroke through decreasing hypertension and body fat, and improving the blood lipid profile and glucose regulation.
- Provides Cardiovascular Rehabilitation.
- Improved overall function in daily activities (ADLs)
- Improved quality of life